An essential feature of the network is the operation of Working Areas (*) (W/A) - formerly called Discussion Groups / Working Aroups that focus on areas of common EU and GCC interest.
For the activities of the Working Areas the network mobilizes a number of selected qualified experts from the EU and the GCC regions with proven professional and/or research record in the specific field, thus capable of contributing and participating in collaboration activities including:
- know-how and technology transfer,
- policies discussion,
- examination of state-of-the art technologies,
- best practices discussion and promotion,
- research collaboration,
- dissemination and promotion of relevant demonstration projects, and
- facilitation and promotion of relevant EU-GCC cooperation initiatives and projects.
Co-operation within the Working Areas is guided and facilitated by the Conveners, who are qualified experts that moderate and support collaboration towards achieving the Working Area objectives.